New Patient Info
Location/Map & Hours
GETTING YOUR LABS DONE
- All labs should be done fasting unless otherwise stated by your doctor (Fasting means not having any food or drink except for water at least 8 hours prior to blood work).
- Lab orders expire after 3 months (Doing labs promptly is recommended).
- Lab orders are done electronically (You do not need a paper copy of lab order. They will be in the computer system when you arrive at the lab).
- We do not use "standing orders". (This means you need to have an order placed by your doctor before going for blood work. If you are not sure if an order is in the system, please call our office prior to going to the lab.)
- You have 2 options of where you can have your labs done:
OPTION #1 - IN OUR OFFICE
- Sonora Quest employee/lab station available in our office.
- Lab hours Monday-Friday from 7 AM to Noon and 1 PM to 3:30 PM.
- No appointments needed or available ("first come first serve").
- Labs ordered during an appointment can be done right after your appointment.
- Those who have labs done on a routine basis are encouraged to do them 1 week prior to the scheduled appointment so that test results are available at the time of the visit.
- Patients who use other labs (ie, LabCorp) can't have labs drawn in our office.
- Lab orders from other physicians must be done at a regular Sonora Quest site.
- Lab billing is handled by Sonora Quest, NOT Kachina Family Practice. KFP is allowing Sonora Quest to use office space but has no financial relationship with the lab. Our only benefit is providing you a more convenient method to get your labs done.
OPTION #2 - SONORA QUEST LAB STATION
- No appointment needed (Making a prior appointment may decrease your waiting time. Go to www.sonoraquest.com to schedule).
- 41 different valley locations (Each site has different hours & some are open Saturdays).
GETTING YOUR LAB & TEST RESULTS
OPTION #1 - WEBVIEW
- Kachina Family Practice will notify you of all lab & radiology results (We do NOT believe in the idea "No News is Good News")
- 2 options in which our doctors communicate results to their patients, both of which are HIPAA compliant. At KFP, we are committed to patient privacy. If you do not receive results within 2 weeks, please notify our office.
OPTION #2 - MEDVOICE
- Secure EMAIL messaging of results directly from your physician
- This option will enable you to view all lab results & radiology reports including your doctor's interpretation. You may also message back any questions/concerns to your physician.
- To utilize this option you need to be registered with WebView. To learn more about this service and register click here.
- If you are not registered with WebView you will receive results by using the Medvoice Messaging System.
- You will receive a voice mail message from Medvoice indicating that you have a message from your physician.
- To retrieve your message call (480)675-5207
- Your ID number will be your social security number if you have provided us with it. If we do not have your social security number, your ID number will be the first 9 digits of your home phone number (ie, your phone number minus the last number)
Web site and all contents Copyright Kachina Family Practice, P.A.,
16611 S 40th Street, Suite 120, Phoenix, Arizona 85048
All rights reserved.