These links will provide you with useful and reliable information about your family’s health.
ePSS– The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is a quick, hands-on tool designed to help you identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for you.
Alcohol, Rethinking Drinking– An online resource with helpful information about drinking problems.
American Dental Association– Oral health news and information from the American Dental Association
Cancer.org– American Cancer Society’s site about prevention and treatment of all kinds of cancer.
CDC website– Your online source for credible health information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Depression Screen– If you are feeling blue, take this quiz and bring it in to your doctor.
Family Doctor.org– Health Information for the Whole Family from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Flu Myths: 13 Myths About the Flu Vaccine, Treatments, and Prevention– Protect yourself and your family this influenza season.
Framingham Cardiac Risk Calculator– Determine your risk of heart disease.
High Blood Pressure Matters– High blood pressure (Hypertension) is a “Silent Killer” as most do not develop symptoms of this disease until it is too late. Follow this link to the American Heart Association & learn how hypertension left untreated/undiscovered can be problematic.
Lifecare Planning Information and Documents– The Office of Arizona Attorney General provides this link. This packet contains information and legal forms that can be very useful in planning and making legally binding decisions regarding your future health care.
- Bedwetting Help– This commercial site is a good resource for the difficult problem of bedwetting.
- Childhood obesity is an epidemic!– See the suggestions from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Kidnetic.com– Super fun site for kids- interactive games make eating and moving healthy fun!
- Kids Health– Kids, check this out for great sites and fun stuff!
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Children– How much do they need?
- Vitamin D– The National Institutes of Health Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet for Vitamin D.
- Folic Acid and Spina Bifida– All women who are planning a pregnancy should start a womens’ multivitamin today.
- Cholesterol lowering diet– AHA site with good information about diets to lower cholesterol.
- Diabetes Site– NIH information site about diabetes.
- Eat Right.org– Food and nutrition information from the American Dietetic Association.
- Metabolic Syndrome– What is this? What can I do about it?
PAP Smear– Understanding your PAP smear results.
- Physical Activity Guidelines– Exercise and fitness are among the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness– An accurate measure of your fitness, and a useful predictor of risk of cardiovascular disease.
Prostate Cancer Screening– Learn about the pros & cons of this controversial subject.
Prostate Health– Concerned about your prostate? Fill out this online quiz and bring it to your doctor.
Seat Belts– Car accidents remain one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Buckle up every time for your health!
Skin Health– American Academy of Dermatology public resource center.
Travel Health– This CDC site is the best resource for individuals traveling outside the country.
UpToDate for Patients– The medical resource that doctors trust.
Vaccine Information– This is the best ever web source for information about vaccines.
Whooping Cough– GET IMMUNIZED with Tdap– for yourself, your family, your coworkers and friends.