Family medicine is the perfect fit for me. It gives me the privilege of connecting with people and partnering with them in the common goal of improving and maintaining health. Seeing my patients enhance their quality of life inspires me. I’m naturally curious and love understanding how the human body works. Making a diagnosis and taking a patient through their treatment plan is rewarding.
I’m passionate about improving quality of care. For years I’ve been very involved in customizing our electronic medical record. I appreciate the ability to document efficiently and communicate directly with patients, sharing results and answering questions online. Another area of interest is sports medicine, a natural fit given my love of fitness. I also enjoy performing minor surgical procedures such as vasectomies. I am fluent in Spanish & always welcome the opportunity to use it.
I am a valley native and loved my childhood growing up in Arizona. When not working I treasure spending time with my wife and 6 children. It’s a busy life but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love travel, backpacking, snowboarding, sports (go Devils) and any new adventure.
- Family Medicine Residency, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center - Phoenix, AZ (2004-2007)
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA (2004)
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science, Arizona State University - Tempe, AZ (2000)
- Summa cum laude
- Family Physician, Kachina Family Practice - Phoenix, AZ (2007- current)
- Clinical Skills Training Instructor, University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA (2003- 2004)
- Medical Spanish Interpreter, Scottsdale Healthcare - Scottsdale, AZ (1999- 2000)
- Snowboard Instructor, Apache Sunrise Ski Resort - Greer, AZ (1998-1999)
- Bus Driver, Tempe Union High School District - Tempe, AZ (1996-1998)
- Physician Volunteer, Las Fuentes Health Clinic - Guadalupe, AZ (2007-2008)
- Assistant Team Physician, Central High School - Phoenix, AZ (2004)
- Migrant Health Care Assistant, Salud Sin Fronteras - Charlottesville, VA (2000- 2004)
- Hospital Language Bank Volunteer, University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA (2000-2004)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Arizona Academy of Family Physicians
- Dean's List of Scholars, Arizona State University (1996-2000)
- Full-tuition Academic Scholarship, Arizona State University (1996-2000)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America (1989)