We are excited to announce that we are now able to schedule telemedicine appointments with our patients, where the entire appointment takes place via video chat on your computer or smart phone. This option has been approved by the government as a tool to help our healthcare system be more effective during the COVID outbreak. It is unclear at this point whether this approval is temporary or if it will continue after COVID is in decline.
How does a telemedicine visit work?
* Scheduling is the same. Call our office at 480-706-4100 and select option 1.
* The office will call you the day of your appointment to collect your copay / patient responsibility.
* Shortly before your appointment you will receive a text or email with a link. This link will expire after 10 minutes.
* Click the link from either your smart phone or from a computer with a web cam. You will likely see 2 popups, one asking for access to the camera, and one asking for access to the microphone. Approve both so your provider can see and hear you.
* The chat may be initiated by your provider, or your provider’s medical assistant who will notify your provider that you are ready.
Will my insurance cover telemedicine visits?
Telemedicine has just recently been approved for Medicare and most insurance carriers. Your coverage will likely be the same for in-office and telemedicine visits, though you may want to confirm with your carrier. Copays, deductibles, and coinsurance will still apply, and our fee schedule is the same for both types of visits. Please see our financial policy for more information.
Can all appointments be done by telemedcine now?
No, some appointments must be done in person. For example, new patient visits, annual physicals and wellness exams, and other visits requiring physical examination must be done in the office. Some types of visits work well via telemedicine and some don’t. Ultimately it is at the discretion of the provider.
Telemedicine and COVID Testing
Also at the discretion of the provider, we may evaluate upper respiratory symptoms via telemedicine visits to determine if COVID testing is needed. We can then coordinate same day drive-up testing administered in our parking lot. As availability of testing supplies and guidelines may change, this testing option is subject to change.